Wolfpack Press

Paper Test or Computer Test?

Alexander Cvik, Writer

Many schools seem to have pushed for more and more technology to be integrated into their curricula.

So instead of taking a test on paper, turning it in physically, and waiting for a grade from your teacher, you would answer on your computer. You would get a grade in seconds. 

The question now is which is better, testing on a computer or traditional pencil and paper?

“I like testing on taking a test on the computer because the light from the screen keeps me awake,” junior Jimmie Griffin said.

He said when he takes a test on paper, he gets tired and he always feels like falling asleep. But when he takes a test on the computer he sets the brightness all the way up to keep him awake and focused.

“I like to take tests on paper because I have room to write things down to go back to, but the computer screens hurt my eyes after a few minutes of staring at it,” senior Juan Torres said.

Some teachers have their own opinion on the two methods.

“I would like for kids to take tests on paper because when it comes to grading it’s easier for me. I can get into a rhythm with the answer key next to me while I test and just flip through the pages,” math teacher Christopher Ford said.

He also said that computer can be “erroneous,” but at the same time, it can be faster and more convenient.

“One advantage of computer testing is that tests may be structured according to the level of difficulty,” Test Prep Review writer Enoch Morrison said.

She explains that the way kids are able to navigate through the questions on paper might be easier.

“The use of multimedia simultaneously helps an online test be more inclusive for all types of test takers, such as those who are more visual learners,” TestShop writer Jennie Aldridge said.

She explained different students learn different ways, and, with software, the teacher can change the test to meet their learning strategies.

The world is moving into the technological era, so learning to take test on computer might be the most beneficial path for the future.

• News

Farewell Mr. Jones

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

So What’s Up with College Fair?

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Baseball is Hitting All the Bases

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Senior Marc Maurissaint Now Holds Scoring Record

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Nghi Has His Eyes on the World

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

South Shines in All Star Game

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Carlos Mendoza Is South’s Music Man

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Best of Luck, Chris Monroe!

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

Wrestling Goes to the Mat

• Paper Test or Computer Test?

News

AG Leaves the South Farm

The student news site of South Fort Myers High School
Paper Test or Computer Test?