Wolfpack Press

Pokemon No!

Islah Arre

Could this be the apocalypse?

Pokémon Go has become outrageously famous all around the world. Millions are playing, enjoying, and embracing the hunts around their neighborhoods, churches, local stores, and sometimes someone else’s backyard.

Pokemon Go is a free-to-play, location-based reality game. The users use GPS on their mobile devices to capture and train the Pokemon creatures. The game makes it seem like the creatures are there in real life.

Be afraid.

How dangerous could this be for our teens?  It’s bad enough social media has created a foundation that decreases the safety for our young adults. Now we have teens wandering outside at any time of day to look for something that isn’t realistically there. Some are so glued to their phones, they don’t notice where they’re walking and run into something. Pokémon Go can cause injuries if one is not careful.

Some of the stories are ridiculous.  A driver in Japan, distracted by Pokemon, ran over a pedestrian.  One Pokemon stampede in Taiwan caused injuries.  A man from NJ is suing Pokemon go because players continually knock on his door and trespass on his property.  Two California men had to be rescued after falling off a bluff while looking for figures.  

“Overall I don’t think Pokemon Go is bad. But I do think there should be rules and procedures, so people won’t break the law,” South Fort Myers teacher and retired Deputy Ricky Mendes said. 

In today’s society we’re supposed to protect and make sure our teens are in good hands. Pokémon Go is fun and adventurous, but we should take caution when it comes down to playing the game. Your first day could be your last. 

• News

Farewell Mr. Jones

• Pokemon No!

News

So What’s Up with College Fair?

• Pokemon No!

News

Baseball is Hitting All the Bases

• Pokemon No!

News

Senior Marc Maurissaint Now Holds Scoring Record

• Pokemon No!

News

Nghi Has His Eyes on the World

• Pokemon No!

News

South Shines in All Star Game

• Pokemon No!

News

Carlos Mendoza Is South’s Music Man

• Pokemon No!

News

Best of Luck, Chris Monroe!

• Pokemon No!

News

Paper Test or Computer Test?

• Pokemon No!

News

Wrestling Goes to the Mat

The student news site of South Fort Myers High School
Pokemon No!